Breast Augmentation is better known as breast enhancement or breast implantation surgery. It is normally carried by women of all ages. This surgery is undertaken by women to enhance their breasts to make them look fuller, fit and whole. It gives them a sense of pride and increases their confidence. It gives them a shape to their figure. The silicon, saline or other composite materials are placed under the chest fat or tissues of the patients. Before entering into an article, just read about Plastic surgery and it’s precautionary facts.
Breast enhancement Types, Surgery & Cost details are:
This is normally carried out to
- Increase the size of the breasts that are naturally small.
- To alter the size of the breasts after undergoing an operation.
- To balance the shape of the breasts.
- Change the breast size after weight loss and pregnancy.
Nowadays breast implants are done purely for cosmetic reasons. The decision to perform the surgery is welcomed but the women should talk to the surgeon or cosmetician before undertaking an operation. The women must not be forced into making a decision but should reflect on their own expectations and needs and should make a decision.
Types Of Breast Implants :
As the breast implantation procedure is artificial, many types of implants are normally used :
- Silicone implants which are available in the form of a gel, liquid or a solid in the form of plastic.
- Saline implants that are sterile water implants.
- Smooth Breast Implants give a natural feel to the patient as the implants fit in softly inside the breasts.
- Textured Breast Implants develop scar tissues that prohibit re-positioning and moving of the implants inside the breasts.
- Round breast Implants give a full shape to the breasts and provide a sense of pride to the patient.
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants are those which are heavy at the bottom and tapered at the top. Rotation of the implant inside the breast will make the breasts to look strange.
- Fat Transfer Breast Implants will involve liposuction to collect fat from the other parts of the body and use them to implant breasts.
Each of the two has its own advantages and disadvantages. The women must choose the right one according to their wish. They generally have a life expectancy of ten to fifteen years.
- Beauty: Facelift surgery is beneficial ?
Procedure Of Implantation :
The surgery is done after giving the patient a dose of local or general anesthesia. The patient can choose either one of the two. In the case of local anesthesia the patient is awake at the time of the surgery but the operated is made numb. However general anesthesia is the most widely used in today’s world. The operation first starts with a cut or incision at one of the three places like chest, nipple and arm pits. It depends according to the expectations of the people. The surgeon will inform beforehand the place where the incision is made. The implants are then placed between the chest muscle and the breast muscle or else it is placed behind the chest muscle.
Care After The Surgery :
After the implants are placed it is covered with a dressing. Normally the patients will be the same day but in rare cases they will be asked to stay overnight. At first the operated area will look weird and the scars will be visible. But within a time of four to six weeks the scars will disappear and the breasts begin to be natural. Only then the person can know whether the operation has met his needs.
If the patient experiences chest pains, low rate of heart beat, fever and bleeding, the surgeon has to be contacted right away. Some doctors forbid the patients from driving a car or swinging their arms after the operations for a day. This is because the stitches will give away. In addition to that the patients are also advised to refrain from doing any strenuous physical activities. With the advancement in technology due to the presence of sub-muscular and sub-glandular techniques the recovery has considerably reduced. The doctors will even advise the correct type of bra to be worn after the surgery during the recovery period.
Complications After The Breast Augmentation Surgery :
All types of surgeries are prone to risks. Breast Implantation has risks associated with the surgery itself.
- Bleeding in the operated area happens when the implants do not correctly fit into the tissues and causes swelling of the lymph nodes.
- Folding of the implanted breast occurs if they were not folded correctly onto the breast area.
- Cramps followed by chest pain occur if the implants begin to exert pressure on the breast.
- Infections if any.
- Rupturing of the implants. This was once a major serious issue due to the thinning of the implant walls.
- Changes in the nipple sensation.
- Formation of scars that are creasy, thick, red and swollen are quite natural but usually take more time to fade. They may be painful at times.
- Clotting of blood
- Allergic reactions to the anesthetic.
- Breastfeeding problem occurs to those women who have become mothers after the surgery.
- Hair loss
- Muscle spasms
- Inflammation on the joints
- Eye problems.
- Capsular contracture is the most serious of all risks. The area around the implants will be swollen and hard. This results in pain.
- Seroma is a condition in which fluid accumulates around the implanted breasts.
Cost Of Breast Augmentation :
We have to pay to undergo the breast augmentation surgery. It is usually expensive. The potential costs contribute more to the total cost. The potential costs include check up, anesthesia fees, implants fees and follow up treatment. If any previous implantation has to be changed or removed separate payments should be done respectively. In UK, the costs of breast surgery is in the range of 4000£ to 5500£. Mostly the saline and silicone implantation surgeries are done.
In the USA, the silicone implants surgery cost was around $3,848 in the year 2015 and the saline implant surgery cost was round $3,441. Silicone implants cost more than saline implants by a margin of $1000. To summarize there is no exact cost for the breast augmentation surgery as each province in any country has its own cost of operation which keeps changing often. So it is better advised to consult the local doctor for the exact cost in that area.