Liposuction is a clinical method that helps to break and assimilate fat from the various parts of the body. It has become increasingly popular nowadays. This is an aesthetic procedure that helps to enhance the beauty of some people. The procedure involves the use of a rod like substance called as a canula that supports to eradicate the fat from the body. The body parts that can benefit from the procedure of liposuction is buttocks, stomach, chest, thighs, chin, calves, neck, upper arms and the areas of the back. It i also called as lipoplasty, suction lipectomy or simply as lipo. It is the most frequently performed cosmetic surgery in the countries of USA and the United Kingdom. It is usually performed under the administration of a general anesthetic. It is not the alternate treatment for obesity
Liposuction helps in the removal of tumours from the body. People can derive their physical and psychological benefits from the liposuction. It can also be used along with the other processes such as tummy tuck, facial plastic surgery and the breast augmentation and the reduction techniques. To make the most of the liposuction procedure we must consult a best surgeon and analyze his records and experience before committing the act of the liposuction.
It is the duty of the patients to talk with the doctors about the prospects of the liposuction surgery and the various benefits and risks it provides. The pros and cons of the liposuction must be examined thoroughly before deciding the plannings of the liposuction.
Pros Of Liposuction
The benefits of the liposuction procedure outweighs that of the limitations that it poses.
- Liposuction alters the condition of the body parts on which it was performed.
- The desired changes will be visible after a few days after the surgery for a permanent basis.
- It is said to be the safest method to do on a person when compared to the other methods to achieve the similar goals.
- It is the simplest method of all the other procedures.
- It gives a permanent solution to the body by removing the fats. It is upto the person to maintain his body shape.
- It changes the outlook of the body parts that neither exercise nor diet can bring about.
- It also helps in the build-up of self confidence of a person.
- The overall health of the patients will be helped to be improved on areas that were not good before.
- Apart from removal of fats it also helps to eradicate the cellulite from the body.
Cons Of Liposuction
Besides being the best and the safest way of removing the unwanted fat from the body, it has its own risks. They are :
- It involves the use of an anesthesia for the entire duration of the surgery. It could cause complications especially if the person has any underlying problems.
- The body can adversely get affected during the time of the treatment.
- If proper care is not provided by the patients after the surgery then it will result in a condition worse than the first.
- The recovery period will be quite distressful for the patient as the patient will be subjected to pains.
- The major problems include the formation of seroma, bleeding, infection, asymmetry, wound and hematoma formations.
- Sometimes the patient will suffer due to the fluids oozing from the areas where liposuction was operated.
- If the doctor sends the canula deep inside the body it damages some of the internal organs.
- Overdose of anesthesia leads to death.
- The fluids or fat gets into the body of the patient’s internal organs and may claim their life.
- The parts of the body that was operated by the liposuction will feel numb.
- If the canula does not do its work properly, it will result in the formation of wavy structures on the top of the person’s skin surface.
- The skin may get burnt during the surgical procedure of the liposuction.
- The licodaine poison injects the toxic substances into the body of the patient that cause fatalities to the people.
- The fluids sometimes get retained under the skin that forms bumps of pocket like substances on the skin.
- The problems occur in the kidney and the heart as more fluids are pushed in and sucked out of the body.
- Improper sterilization of the clinical equipments will lead to the infections and even death in some people.
- If the person makes the use of any anti inflammatory medicines then that will result in swellings and bruises.
- Unpleasant body conditions like nausea, headache, diarrhoea will also be found in a person if they are in the recovery phase.
These above factors are the major pros and cons of the liposuction that must be considered by the people if they are of the opinion of undertaking the liposuction procedure.